Monday, October 20, 2008

going home - help!

Hi folks,

I received a call this evening that Dennis is going to be discharged home tomorrow! Yippee!!! Dennis is very excited.

Unfortunately this has put us into a little tail spin. I am currently in Victoria, BC completing my residency for my master's program. My time in residency will be done on Friday but until then Dennis and my mom are on their own. Dennis and my mom are needing a ride home tomorrow afternoon. Is there anyone available to help? He has a fold able walker and wheelchair plus a load of stuff that they have acquired over the past 3.5 months. Dennis' home also has no groceries. He is on a very strict diet that my mom will need to shop for. Dennis is under 24 hour supervision, therefore, I'm wondering if someone can sit with Dennis while my mom walks to Safeway. Please email me at eunicecho@shaw.ca if you are able to provide any assistance.

Thanks very much!!
e

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Praise God! I am so excited for you Dennis!!! Yippee indeed!

I am sorry that I am stuck in meetings all afternoon tomorrow but hope that someone will be able to help out. I look forward to updates from home!

Hugs,

Laura (from Mars Hill)

ni_de_montreal said...

Hi Dennis and Eunice! Great news to hear you're going home Dennis! Just to let you know that I/we are still following the blog and sending lots of good wishes.. Especially now for this exciting and challenging next phase. I wish you all the best and hopefully quick support for the coming days (I'm in Vancouver w/out car, so best good luck wishes is what I can provide at this time...)
Take care and thanks for the continued posts..

Nicole (in vancouver: Mary/Shirley's friend)

Fabric addict said...

What awesome news Dennis! Praise the Lord for you and your recovery! I wish I lived close by then I could help out where needed, but I will definitely be thinking of you and your mom. God will provide everything you need at home. Wow this is incredible, it has been such a long journey, I can imagine the excitement you must be feeling! For all of you! Thank you so very much Eunice for everything you have done for Dennis, all the sacrifices you have made. You are truly an angel, God Bless all of you!

Dawn