Wednesday, August 6, 2008

He smiles!

It's hard for me to express how I am feeling this morning. I was standing by his door and he waved to me. I couldn't get my gown on fast enough to get right beside him and when I did, he smiled. It was incredible!!

Dennis will be getting his breathing tube out today. He is breathing well on his own. He is also get a more "permanent" kidney dialysis line inserted in his clavicle. He will have the one in his groin removed so that he can start moving his legs. His kidneys are starting to wake up but it may take some time before they are functioning well ... until then he will get dialysis. He's not running anymore infections so he should be off isolation today.

Praise God!

e

14 comments:

Mizzle said...

Party on! Good to hear him doing so much better!

Anonymous said...

He's back~~~ :)
Praise God in deed. Isn't our God awesome? :) wonderful. just wonderful.

Fabric addict said...

WOW this is so awesome! I had tears in my eyes reading of your joy and excitement Eunice!!! Praise God! Way to go Dennis, you are such a fighter! Your smile is contagious!

Dawn

Anonymous said...

that's awesome. sorry i can't be there to see the smile with my own eyes.
next week for sure though! can he talk yet??! (you know why i'm asking!)

Anonymous said...

So happy to read this news!! Get well soon boss!

Andrea

Victor and Sandie said...

AMAZING!!!! AMAZING!!! God is so good! Oh Eun...what a relief. I too wish that I was there to celebrate with you and your mum.
I can just imagine that moment and I am crying just thinking about it!

Anonymous said...

Dennis. You leave me speechless. You and your family all have a knack for that.
Praise the Lord!
His love endures forever.

Anonymous said...

Praise God indeed! Yaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!

Dennis, you'r amazing!
Laura T.

Anonymous said...

God is GOOD!!!!
keep up the hard work Dennis!!!
<3:suzy

Anonymous said...

Thank God! Does this mean he's "out of the woods"?

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you Dennis. Stay strong~ Much Love The Childress Clan

Anonymous said...

That's awesome news~~ I'm so happy
David

Anonymous said...

We rejoice with you, Eunice! I cried when I read your blog (I'm a day behind)and am so thankful you have a glimmer of hope to cling to. These past weeks have been a real rollercoaster for you, so I'm praying that things will be a little more even from this point on. We love you and look forward to the day when you can be with your family and not live in this stress of emotions. Please eat, get some sleep, sit in the sunshine and breathe in some semi-polluted but relatively germ-free fresh air!!

ni_de_montreal said...

tears in my eyes! wonderful news..!!!