Wednesday, August 20, 2008

In God's hands

Dear friends and family,

It has been an extremely long 5 week journey with Dennis. As difficult as it has been on us, we cannot even grasp the pain and suffering that Dennis has gone through over these past 5 weeks but furthermore, a lifetime of living with a broken heart.

The frequent set backs and intubation's has taken a toll on Dennis' body making recovery more and more difficult each day. Not knowing the lasting effects of these ailments makes it difficult to know the quality of Dennis' future life. Dennis' life has not been in vain. He has touched many lives with his humor, his strength, his friendship and his love. And even through pain, there has been much joy.

He has often puzzled the medical staff with his frequent set backs. He has undergone many tests and procedures with no true diagnosis. It has been frustrating for us all including Dennis. We no longer want to prolong his suffering and have asked the medical staff to extubate him. We leave Dennis' life in the hands of God. As our Lord and our Saviour, we trust in the work of His hands. May His will be done with Dennis - whether in life or in death.

e

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not normally a very religious person, but Dennis is a Good Man, and he has a positive effect on his coworkers and employees. I know He'll take care of Dennis.

Fabric addict said...

Eunice, Mom, Dennis and family...though the road has been long and hard...Dennis has lived an incredible life and touched each one of us in amazing ways. My prayers are with all of you...peace to all as God contiues to do His work.

Blessings,
Dawn

DJ Launchpad said...

May the Lord be with you and with Dennis. May he show you all the grace and glory that he holds in all his heart. May he open out all his love and peace upon you and be with you in these difficult times.

I know that its only been a short while since I've personally know Dennis, but he has had a profound change upon me and I thank him for that and I thank the Lord for bringing him to me. Thank you so much for sharing this with us and if anything is needed please don't hesitate to let me know :)

Adam :)

Anonymous said...

Eunice & Family,

I went on vacation, and hadn't had a chance to check the blog, but he was doing ok when I left, and I was soooo hoping to come back to more smiling pictures of Dennis, on the road to recovery...

I am so sorry to read this update, and so saddened. I love Dennis, and have only known him 4 short months or so, but in the time I've known him, he changed my life and helped my faith grow so much.

We shared a basket of corn fries just a couple days before the surgery and I just keep saying that Dennis' faith in God, and what God chooses for Dennis through this surgery, gives me so much comfort.

I've never met you guys, but I am sending you big huge hugs.

Keeping the prayers coming,

Laura T

Anonymous said...

My families prayers are for yours and Dennis this night.

Anonymous said...

Good morning Dennis. It is difficult to read the latest but I am sure so much more difficult for your family. You have led us all through such a challenging time with great courage and fortitude. You have been an inspiration and a light through all of this just as you were before the surgery. You have turned our hearts to God and I thank you for that. We continue to hope all good things for you! If you leave us I know you will be amazed at the beauty, love and wonder that you see. We have made our requests known to God and He will now choose based on so much vast information that we no nothing about. We put our trust for you and all of us in Him. Blessings upon Blessings be upon you. Jeff N

Anonymous said...

It's not our custom to let go. We always reach for every option. But as you've said, every option can result in life with much misery. He's had a good run, considering what he was born with. Hang in there-I know it's hard.

Victor and Sandie said...

oh eun...we are with you and your family in this difficult time.

Anonymous said...

I think I may have mentioned this before in a previous comment, but I talked to Dennis a few days before his surgery. I asked him flat out how he felt and he said; if I live...I'm a winner and if I don't, I'm still a winner because I will be going to a beautiful place where there will be NO MORE pain. I am not afraid.

What a brave soul you are Dennis. Only you and God know what it feels like inside that body of yours.

God Bless You...My Friend