Monday, June 16, 2008

Little Man Caden

I must be a narcissist. Who else would make a blog entirely about themselves? Well, I've fallen back to earth and back to selfless sanity and I decided to write about Caden.

This little guy is at
Seattle Children's Hospital where he is receiving his fifth round of chemotherapy as I type. Caden and I are kindred spirits because we both share the same birthday (May 11th) and we both received the same gift on our birthday this year (Nintendo DS Lite). In fact, when my sister bought me one, I thought it was the weirdest coincidence ever. At any rate, Little Man Caden has done a lot of fighting and he seems to be a formidable opponent against Leukemia. That being said, Leukemia has given him a couple of gut shots but he still stands proudly like a prize fighter. Not sure why I went through this pugilistic metaphor but I guess I was in a fightin' mood. I would also remiss if I didn't mention that Caden is a gigantic Star Wars fan.

I would like all my blog readers to extend your prayers for Caden as well as for me. If you want more info on Caden, please visit his
blog.

The video below is a tribute to Caden and his love for Star Wars. However, I feel that I should WARN you that I felt like this video has robbed me of 5:27 of my life of which I'll never get back again.


No comments: