Saturday, June 14, 2008

Love In This Club

I'm in Vancouver this weekend to spend time with my family before the surgery. My nephew greeted me at my sister's house and we decided to go out and play pool at some ill-reputed billiards hall. When I came back, my friend Wayne (pictured to the left of the trunk) came by and asked if I wanted to go with him and my brother-in-law to a car club meet. But, I was tired after a long day at work, a long drive to Vancouver and a long evening playing pool. However, I was thinking that I'm just about to have heart surgery so I should soak in as much life as I can so I decided to go.

The members of the Vancouver Accords Club are a mish mash of disparate people who normally would never socialize together except for the fact that they love Honda Accords. My friend Wayne brought and cooked all the trimmings for a scrumptious midnight bbq. There was reason to celebrate because one of the members Derek, a white faux mohawked guy, had sold all his belongings for the opportunity to fabricate and modify cars in Japan. I met another member named Hopton (his tricked out trunk shown above) who took two years to modify his Accord to the masterpiece that it is today.

I write all this because it shows that I'm deciding to live life. To let people know that I'm not wallowing in self-pity but instead, I live each day as if it is my last. Let me tell you that there is liberty in living with that mindset. I hope that you don't take life for granted because living life allows you to meet people while they pursue their passions.

2 comments:

Tara Hung said...

did u decide to buy an accord then?

Tara Hung said...

are you gonna buy an accord now? haha