Sunday, June 22, 2008

My Sister's New Baby - Whatever Her Name Is

Congratulations go out to my sister and brother in law. They had a baby girl at 11:30am today. My brother in law, Simon told me that she came in at a healthy 7.51 lbs.

It kind of reminds of a thing that Pastor Mark Driscoll said today at Mars Hill Church. He said that the simple things make him happy such as holding his wife's hand or snuggling with his five children (subsequently this is my sister's fifth kid too). He was speaking about stewardship and he preached that the biggest idol that is worshipped today is money. However, money can't make you truly happy but it's really the simple things like family that truly makes you happy.

Today, I am happy. I will get to see my niece before I go under the knife. I hope that it isn't the last time I see her or the rest of my family but it does truly remind me that I am BLESSED!!!

P.S. - They still haven't picked out a name for her. Hopefully, they won't be fined for having an inappropriate baby name.

2 comments:

Wiwille said...

Congratulations on being an Uncle to a new child. Your Christmas shopping just got even more complicated.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to see her.